Most successful teenager in music, selling 37 million albums before 20.
- The only female artist to have four albums sell 500,000+ in the first week
- Youngest person ever to receive a star on the Walk of Fame
- Best selling female artist of the last decade (and 8th best selling female artist of all time in the US)
- Baby One More Time
-Hold It Against Me
Spears has sold over 105 million albums and more than 100 million singles, totaling her world record sales in excess of 205 million records, in under 12 years of entertaining
– The youngest female artist to occupy the #1 spot on the Hot 100 and the Billboard 200 album chart at the same time.
– The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) ranks her as the eighth best-selling female artist in American music history, having sold 31 million albums in the U.S.
– The first female artist in SoundScan history to have her first four studio albums debut at number-one.
– The only woman whose first five studio albums have debuted in the top two slots on Billboard Top 200 Albums.
– Britney is the only artist with most music videos to debut on MTV’s TRL. (18 videos)
– Britney is the only artist with most #1 retired music videos on MTV’s TRL. (15 videos #1) (13 videos retired)
– Britney is the 2nd artist with most number one hits in United World Chart history, tying with Cher.
-BRITNEY SPEARS HAS THE MOST TOP 40 RADIO HITS
– Britney is the third artist with most weeks at #1 on UWC. (only behind the Beatles and Madonna)
– ‘Baby One More Time’ is ranked at No.25 on Rolling Stone & MTV’s 100 Greatest Pop Songs of all time.
– ‘Blender’ Magazine reported “Baby One More Time” as #9 on their list of ‘The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born’.
– “Baby One More Time” is the 2nd Most Successful single of the year 1999.
– “Baby One More Time” is the thirty-eighth best selling song of all-time.
– Britney broke a first-week sales record for a debut act when “…Baby One More Time” sold a total of 460,000 in its first week of release in the UK.
– “Baby One More Time” is the second best-selling album of 1999 in the United States, only behind Backstreet Boys’s Millennium.
– “Baby One More Time” is the highest selling debut album by a teenager in the United States and Worldwide.
– “Baby One More Time” it is 11th best selling album of all time in the U.S.
– ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ is the 81th best selling album of all time.
– ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ which debuted at number one in the U.S., selling 1,319,193 units during its first week of sales, broke the SoundScan record for the highest sales in its debut week by any female artist.
– ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ broke the record for most radio station additions in a single day.
Has topped Yahoo!’s annual list of the most-searched names three times in the past four years including 2005.
Oops!…I Did It Again debuted at No. 1 in the U.S. and Canada. It was the fastest-selling album by a female artist ever, selling over 1.3 million copies in the first week
#Artist with most number one singles from one single album
Britney Spears later tied up with George Michael, Michael Jackson and Madonna’s record with her 1999 album …Baby One More Time (…Baby One More Time , (You Drive Me) Crazy and Born To Make You Happy); Later in 2004, Britney did it again, with 2003’s In The Zone (Me Against The Music, Toxic and Everytime).
– Her third album “Britney” debuted at number one in the U.S., selling 745,744 units during its first week, surpassing Michael Jackson’s album “Invincible”.
Her career success was highlighted by Forbes magazine in 2002 as Spears was ranked the world’s most powerful celebrity.
* Holds the record for first-week gross for a fragrance with “Curious”. “Curious” also went on to become the biggest-selling fragrance of 2004. To-date, “Curious” has grossed over $100 million USD worldwide.
* Has grossed over $30 million USD in merchandise from her tours
– “Me Against The Music” is the music video with most consecutive days at number one by a female on MTV’s TRL . (11 days) Best salling dance track in USA in 2003.
– In Australia, Britney’s “In The Zone” album is one of only three to have all the albums single go to #1 (the others being Delta Goodrems “Innocent Eyes” and Kylies “Kylie”)
– Britney is the artist with most number one singles from one album ( 3 from BOMT and 3 from ITZ) in United World Chart, tying with Madonna.
– ‘Gimme More’ has peaked at number three on Billboard’s Hot 100 on October 3rd, becoming Spears’s most successful single in the United States since her debut, “…Baby One More Time”.
– ‘Gimme More’ is the 2nd highest debut by a female aritst in the United World Chart (Mariah’s ‘Honey’ holds the record).PLATINUM
– ‘Blackout’ debuted at #1 On the U.S Digital Albums chart, making her the highest selling digital female artist in a first week of sales.
– ‘Blackout’ has had more than 1 million streams at MTV’s The Leak, by far the biggest total ever for the program.
-Piece of Me- with more than 48 million viewers, it has so far become the 15th most viewd video ever on You Tube and the 10th most viewed music video,PLATINUM,3VMA Awards
– ‘Break The Ice’ is Spears’ 18th charting title this decade, making her having the most Top40/CHR hits by female artist this decade.
- Womanizer #1 on iTunes.
- Circus #1 on iTunes.
- If U Seek Amy #1 on iTunes
Britney has also become an major influence among many new artists, including Kelly Clarkson., Lady GaGa[, Little Boots,Hilary,Taylor,Lindasy,Avril, and Miley Cyrus who has cited Spears as one of her biggest inspirations and has also reference to Spears in hit her song Party in the U.S.A.
Britney Spears is one of the best-selling and most famous artists in the world.
* Britney Jean Spears has been nominated for seven Grammy Awards, winning one in the Best Dance Recording category for her hit single Toxic.
* Spears is ranked as the eighth best-selling female recording artist in the United States with 32 million sold albums certified by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). According to the IFPI, Britney has now sold over 85 million albums making her the 55th biggest selling artist ever.
* Her debut album …Baby One More Time is the best-selling album by a teenager and best-selling female debut act in the United States. In addition, it is the 4th best-selling album by a female and 27th best-selling overall album in American music history. As of August 2008, the album has sold more than 25 million copies worldwide.
* She has grossed over US$350 million from tour ticket sales and over $185 million in merchandise from her tours, the most ever grossed by a performer (male and female).
* Spears’ single …Baby One More Time is the 25th best-selling single of all-time in British chart history and the 2nd one by a female artist.
* Spears also holds the title to multiple Guinness World Records
o Best Selling Album by a Teenage Solo Artist - …Baby One More Time
o Fastest Most No. 1 Singles on UK chart by a Teenage Female Solo Artist
o Best Selling Teenage Artist
o Fastest Selling Female Artist in the World
o Most Searched Person on the Internet
* She has been been given a star on the Walk of Fame, the second youngest singer to do so. Spears’ wax figure is kept at Madame Tussauds wax museum in Amsterdam, Las Vegas, London and New York
* Her career success was highlighted by Forbes magazine in 2002 when Spears was ranked the world’s most powerful celebrity.
* Spears is the first female in the Nielsen SoundScan era to have her first four studio albums to debut at number one.
* Spears in the only act in Nielsen SoundScan history to have four albums debut with 500,000 copies or more.
* ‘Britney Spears’ has been Yahoo!’s most popular search term for the last four consecutive years, seven times in total.
* “Womanizer” also garnered first-week download sales of 286,000, the biggest opening-week tally by a female artist since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking digital downloads in 2003, topping Mariah Carey’s take for “Touch My Body”.
*****MORE THEN 250 AWARDS for 9 years!!!****
7EMA,3EMA,8 Billboard,2 Ultimate Awards,Grammy,Emmy,10 TCA,AMA,Nick Award,international Awards=250 AWARDS!!!
************* FHM Sexiest Woman in the World #1 in 2004.#1 on Forbes at 2002!*********
do you know that in a research about the biggest fan bases Britney was 3rd???
6.Guns and roses
beyonce at #30,Xtina at #70!
BOMT:25-30 million/Ooops 20 million/Britney 13 milliom/ In The Zone 9-10 million/ GH adn Remix 6 million/Blackout 3 million/Circus 3,6 million++/Femme Fatale 1.6 million.
MOST SUCCESSFUL ARTIST of our decade,biggest selling artist of decade,most wanted,most popular,most photographed,biggest star,best performer of our generation, her songs are in pop history,some of her performances are in POP history…she performing with MJ,Madonna, Aerosmith —-she is a phenomenon,ICON,Legend,Princess of POP…one and only Britney Spears!!!!
Except Madonna and MJ, no one has reached her level of success.
"it has been estimated: Britney has over 100 unreleased songs she has writing/production credits on"
Whereas Christina and Beyonce are more vocally talented. Britney is more lyrically/ musically talented. Britney is also more ambitious (not counting the circus era which is meant to be LOW STRESS) She wrote (from all that was released) on the piano “Someday” “everytime” and an unreleased instrumental she played live on TRL,and Britney wrote several poems on her official website.Britney write more then 40 songs.
All but 2 of the tracks on Britney were written by her (before the producers couldn’t agree and the track list changed)
Britney designed the dress she wore to the Grammy after party
britney helped write the script to crossroad and wrote several books with her mother (some fiction/ some biographical).
Britney choreographed and conceptualized the HOB tour and the Do Somethin’ video (while also directing it).
Britney came up with the concepts for the majority of her massive collection of music videos.
Britney choreographed a dance routine to a song she wrote to her sister.
Britney had creative input on EVERY track on /blackout/ and itz (according to all her producers).
Britney spears executive produced the film “brave new girl” based on her novel “a mother’s gift” which she co-wrote with her mother.
Britney spears co-produced on ITZ “Me Against the Music” ,”The Hookup”, “Everytime”
Britney also came up with the name of her 2004 tour, “The Onyx Hotel Tour”, as well as helping to design the sets and create the show’s themes and costumes. When the concert aired on Showtime, she executive produced the special and was also revealed to be one of the show’s two writers/creators (she also wrote the spoken parts of the tour, which can also be read in the “Onyx Hotel” tour book)
Britney executive produced “Britney Spears: Your #1 Video Requests… And More!” as well as her 2001 HBO concert “Britney Spears Live From Las Vegas”.(Emmy)
Britney Co-wrote entire script to “Crossroads” (with Shonda Rhimes), casted all characters, developed and removed scenes based on her own input.
Except Madonna and MJ, no one has reached her level of success.
Britney picked the remixes that were included on the womanizer single.
Britney executive produced blackout and also wrote several unreleased tracks for the album. She often adds lyrics in as she see fits, she is often uncredited with this but producers have confirmed she DOES often write on her songs despite no credit.
She even re-cut the song circus 2 weeks before the release of womanizer because she was dissatisfied with the chorus.
Britney spears foundation:
From creating a fun-filled playroom for kids on extended hospital stays to The Britney Spears Camp for the Performing Arts, the Foundation’s work is focused on the power entertainment has to heal and fulfill.
Gave $585,000 to charity in 2006, including a huge donation to Hurricane Katrina relief programs. The Foundation also gave money to a cancer appeal, a summer camp and an offshoot of Hollywood’s Kabbalah Centre.
Gaga dont have this, Katy dont have this,Rihanna dont have this…..
9#1 singles WW,5#1 singles in UK,6#1 in Europe,2#1 in USA,5#1 albums in USA,6#1 albums in Europe…
some of her best salling singles:
*Baby One More Time:9.145.000 (#1 everywhere)
*(You Drive Me) Crazy:4.200.00 (#1 WW)
*Born to Make You Happy:3.680.000 (#1WW and #1 in Europe and UK)
*Oops!… I Did It Again:6.000.000 (#1 almost everywhere,#1WW)
*I’m a Slave 4 U:3.500.000 (big big hit)
*Me Against the Music(featuring Madonna):5.300.000 (#1WW,#1 in Europe,#1 in many cont.)
*Toxic:5.900.000 #1WW,#1 everywhere !!!
*Everytime:4.320.000 (#1 WW,big big hit)
*Gimme More:3.900.000 (#2WW,#3 US,#1 Canada) big hit
* Piece of ME:3.200.000 (big hit,top10 everywhere,#2 in UK)
*Womanizer:6.000.000++ (#1 almost everywhere,#1WW,#1mediabase,#1 in more then 17 count.)
*Circus:4.490.000 (#3 in USA,#2 Canada,#1mediabase)
105 million albums and more then 100 million singles!!!!
#1 from 1999-2012!!!
- Quality Album
- #1 Lead Single Debut
- #1 Album Debut
- #1 Collaboration - S&M
- TTWE & IWG Marks Britney’s Music History As Her Two BIGGEST Radio Hits
- TTWE & IWG Going Top 10
- IWG Hits #1 on POP Radio / American Top 40 Chart
- Britney Wins 5 Billboard Mid-Year Awards by votes
- TTWE Wins a VMA
- Britney Gets Lifetime Achievement Award
- Flawless Tour (IMPROVED Britney)
- DVD Release
- Flawless Photo Shoots (V Magazine, Out Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour UK, Stylist,……)
- Interviews (yeah they were bad but you were all complaining. We got some and in the end she did try…)
- Britney Ranks 14th TOP ARTIST on the Billboard YEAR END CHART
- Britney Ranks #13 for Digital Songs Artists on the Billboard YEAR END CHART
- Britney Ranks #20 for Digital Albums on the Billboard YEAR END CHART
- Femme Fatale Ranks #31 for Digital Albums on the Billboard YEAR END CHART
- TTWE Ranks #3 on RollingStone.com‘s Top 50 Singles of the Year list!
- TTWE Ranks #10 on MTV’S TOP 25 Best Songs Of 2011!
- TTWE Ranks #1 on AOL Music’s Top Pop Songs of 2011!
- Britney Ranks #4 on the RADIO Mediabase 2011 Year-End / Top 40/Mainstream Artists CHARTS (Beating Gaga, Adele, etc….)
- Britney Ranks #10 On Forbes Top-Earning Women List
- Femme Fatale Named ALBUM OF THE YEAR By MTV and MuuMuse
- Mens Health names Britney the 4th Hottest Woman OF ALL TIME!!!
- Britney become #1 Most Followed on GOOGLE+
- KIK AXE MUSIC [Heavy Metal Site] - Names Best of 2011:
FAVORITE ALBUMS OF 2011 - Femme Fatale
FAVORITE TRACKS OF 2011 - I Wanna Go” [Deluka BS Remix]
FAVORITE CONCERTS OF 2011 - FFTour - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA (6/20/11)
-NewsCube Net names Ranks “Hold It Against Me” #3 for Best Song of 2011
- People Magazine names her Best Diva Anthem for Till The World Ends!
- People Magazines ranks her #10 for ‘Most Increase In Twitter Followers’!
- Rolling Stone names How I Roll Song of the Year
(when it was never released as a single)
- Rolling Stone Ranks FEMME FATALE #8 For ‘Best Albums of 2011’!
- DAFREAK “Femme Fatale” #1 Album Of 2011
- Britney sells over 200 MILLION RECORDS WORLDWIDE ALL BEFORE SHE’S 30!
* Official CERTIFICATIONS *
- FEMME FATALE ALBUM
United States - Platinum
Canada - Platinum
Australia - Gold
Mexico - Gold
- Femme Fatale TOUR DVD debuts TOP 10 in over 11 countries
- Femme Fatale TOUR DVD Certified PLATINUM (US)
- Femme Fatale Tour DVD - Certified Gold (AU)
- Britney becomes the FIRST person to reach over ”1,000,000+” followers on google plus!!
- POP Justice Ranks Femme Fatale #1 As BEST Album of the Year
- POP Justice Ranks TTWE #6
- POP Justice Ranks Britney #3 for “Best Comeback”
- POP Justice Ranks IWG Video #2 for Best Videos of the Year
- Femme Fatale tour grosses $68.3 Million WW, becoming Britney’s 2nd highest selling tour.
BUT the most important thing is what is done on a private plan:
divorce, loss of children, obesity, depression, alcohol, drugs, disease, treatment, problems with people around her, rehab, nervous breakdown … it was so close to death, could have to end like Ann but did not.Respect: because the managed to extract, obtain children, arrange relationships with their parents, lose weight, look great again, to correct a life and have the # 1album, singles, and tour and a lot of awards, for such a short time returned to the right path,her body is back,her life is back,her dance is back,her energy is back,her voice is back…she is perfect!!!